- Beetroot - 1 small size (chopped into small pieces)
- Garlic - 2
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies - 2
- Tamarind - little
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Mustard - few pinches
- Curry leaves - few
- Hing - 1-2 pinches
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Heat a spoon of oil in the pan & fry cumin, coriander seeds, chillies, garlic, tamarind & beetroot.
- Fry around 5 mints on medium flame.
- Allow it to cool, add salt & grind it.
- Now add enough water & check for salt & tamarind.
- If u need more (salt or tamarind) you can add some. Also add coriander leaves.
- Finally do the seasoning with ingredients mention above & pour it over the rasam.
I am not boiling the rasam because i roasted all the ingredients. If u wish u can bring it slight boil & granish it with coriander.