- Buns - 6
- Mixed vegetable (carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas) - 3/4 cup (boiled)
- Potato - 1 medium size (boiled)
- Tomato - 2 large (chopped)
- Onion - 1 medium size (chopped)
- Aniseed (coarsely powdered) - 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Lemon - 1/2
- Chopped red onions - to garnish
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Oil or butter - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp or adjust to taste
- Some more butter to toast the buns
- Toast the buns by adding little butter.
- Heat oil or butter & fry onions on high -medium flame.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste & fry well.
- Add chillies & aniseed powder.
- Then add the tomatoes & fry till it becomes mashy.
- Now add the chilly powder & some salt.
- Add the mashed vegetables & mix well.
- Pour some water & reduce the flame to low-medium.
- Stir occasionally, till it reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove it from flame by adding the lemon juice & coriander leaves.
- Add the butter & garnish it with red onions.
- Serve hot with toasted buns.
Tips for the recipe - If you wish to add more butter, then place a cube of butter while serving. Good quality of red chilly powder will enhance the color of the masala. You can also use little tomato paste which also gives good color to the masala.