- Egg - 1 (slightly beaten)
- Onions - 1 medium size (chopped)
- Sambhar or chilly powder - 1/2 tsp or adjust
- Curry leaves - few (chopped)
- Garlic - 2 (crushed & chopped)
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Heat oil in the pan & fry channa dal till it turns golden brown in color.
- Then add garlic & curry leaves fry for few seconds.
- Now add the onions & fry well until the quantity reduces to 1/2.
- Add salt & sambhar powder.
- When you see the sides of the onions getting darker, reduce to flame to low-medium.
- Gather the onions in the center of the pan & evenly spread it like a layer without much gap between the onions.
- Now slowly pour the beaten egg on top of the onions & cover the onions completely.
- Drizzle some oil. Adjust salt.
- Flip the omelet & cook both the sides.
Tips for the recipe - It is good to use non stick tawah for this recipe. Do not let the onion mixture to get stuck on the pan, so that it becomes easy to flip the omelet.