- Soya chunks - 12 to 15 (soaked in hot water)
- Onion (big)- 1/2
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
Group II (to roast & grind)
- Tomato -1 medium size
- Onion - 1/2 medium size
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbs
- Cumin seeds -1sp
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch
- Cardamon -2
- Homemade chilly powder or sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Heat little oil in the pan & roast the group II ingredients.(Last two ingredients should be added after switching off the stove.Too much of roasting sambhar powder & coconut will spoil the taste of the gravy) Grind the masala & keep it aside.
- Heat some oil & splutter mustards.
- Now fry the onions for 2 minutes.
- Wash the chunks in the running cold water. then squeeze out the excess water.
- Add soyas, salt & the masala to the onions.
- Mix well & add some water.
- Allow the gravy to boil. Remove it from the flame when there is no raw smell.