- Vada - 10 medium size
- Curd - 1 1/2 cups
- Ginger - 2 tsp
- Hing - few pinches
- Mustard & urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies - 4
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Boondi - to taste
- Chat masala - to taste
- Chilly powder - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Add some water to the curd & mix it well till it looks smooth.
- It should be little thin consistency.
- Heat oil in kadai on high medium flame.
- Splutter mustard, urad dal, cumin seeds, hing, green chillies, curry leaves & ginger one by one.
- Pour it into the curd. Add salt & mix well.
- Dip the vadas in the water for 15 to 20 seconds & add it to the curd.
- While serving, on top of the vada, sprinkle some coriander leaves, boondi, chat masala & chilly powder.
Tip for the recipe - Allow the vada to get soaked in the curd for at least 1 hour for good taste.