- Oats - 1/4 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Cardamon powder - few pinches
- Water - 1 full glass (1/2 liter)
- Coconut - 1 small piece
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Cashew - 1 tsp
- Coconut -1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Raisin - 1 tsp
- Bring 3/4 glass of water to boil & add oats on medium flame.
- Reduce the flame, when the oats is almost done. Add the jaggery & keep mixing.
- Now use the remaining 1/4 glass of water to grind the coconut & add it to the payasam.
- Cook it for few minutes or till it reaches the desire consistency. Sprinkle some cardamon powder.
- Roast the cashews, coconut & raisin in the ghee separately & add it to the payasam.
Tips for the recipe - If you wish you can add 1 or 2 spoons of boiled & mashed moong dal. This payasam taste good even without moong dal.